2006/08/16

Shopping in Amazon


Today I finally get the book, Animal Crossing Player Guide, which I ordered from Amazon.com.

This order was placed in late June and was estimated to be arrived around 24th July. After the package was sent by DHL Global Mail, I found that the address I left is not so detailed which might lead to the lost of the book. The fact confirmed my worry. I did not get my stuff in the estimated arrival period.

I write to Amazon.com to enquire this issue. I got a long email explained what might had happened. At the end of that email, Amazon promised if the package did not arrived at 3rd August, it would resend me the book without any further charges. I feel quite satisfied with this email for this is the longest and best custom service letter I had ever got.

The book did not show up on 3rd August and the order is replaced for me based on my update address with no charges. To my surprise, Amazon leveled up my shipment from Standard International Mail to Expediture International Mail and it did not ask for the difference between these two standards. Amazon paid 8 dollars more for this level up. I am moved by Amazon's good faith. I do hope that one day every Chinese merchants can do like this.

No comments: