2006/09/03

Sun Yat-sen Mausoleum & etc

Thanks to my client's great efforts in preparing the documents, my colleague and I can have a quick sight-seeing in Nanjing.

We first drop in Dr. Sun Yat-sen Mausoleum. I have been eagering to show my respect to Dr. Sun Yat-Sen. He is a great people in Chinese history, the Father of the Nation. I stepped up the 480-meter-long and 50-meter-wide stairway which has 392 stairs. On both sides, pine, cypress, and gingko trees guard the way. A feeling of deeply respect to the history flowered in my heart.

In the sacrificial hall, I looked quietly at Dr. Sun's sitting statue. The histroy flashed back in my memory. He is a great man.

We also visited Ming Xiaoling Mausoleum. Here is the tomb for Zhu Yuanzhang, the first emperor of Ming Dynasty. It is hard to explain how big the tomb is. And it is said that Zhu Yuanzhang erected the system for Emperor Family's Tomb system. I also heard that the entrance to his tomb has been idenfied by using remote sensing technology. Though it has been identified, the government would prefer not to open it.


Stepping down the hill, I looked up and find the nightfall sky was quite beutiful. I quickly took it in my DC.




No comments: